April 4, 2019
Kindergarten Kickoffs for the 2019-20 school year will be held April through May at each of the 23 CMCSS elementary schools offering kindergarten.
|Barkers Mill||Mon., April 29||5-6:30 p.m.|
|Barksdale||Thu., April 25||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
|Byrns Darden||Tue., May 7||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
|Carmel||Wed., April 17||5-6 p.m.|
|Cumberland Heights||Thu., April 25||5-6 p.m.|
|East Montgomery||Tue., April 30||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
|Glenellen||Thu., April 25||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
|Hazelwood||Tue., April 30||5-6 p.m.|
|Kenwood||Tue., April 16||5-6 p.m.|
|Liberty||Tue., May 7||5-6 p.m.|
|Minglewood||Thu., April 18||5-6 p.m.|
|Montgomery Central||Thu., April 25||5:30-7 p.m.|
|Moore Magnet||Thu., April 25||5-6 p.m.|
|Norman Smith||Thu., April 25||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
|Northeast||Thu., May 9||4:30-6 p.m.|
|Oakland||Thu., April 25||5:30-7:30 p.m.|
|Pisgah||Mon., April 22||5:30-7 p.m.|
|Ringgold||Wed., April 24||5-6 p.m.|
|Rossview||Tue., May 7||5-6 p.m.|
|Sango||Thu., April 25||5:00-6:00 p.m.|
|St. Bethlehem||Tue., April 16||5-6 p.m.|
|West Creek||Tue., April 30||5-6 p.m.|
|Woodlawn||Thu., April 25||5:30-6:30 p.m.|
Parents can input their addresses to find out at which school their child is zoned by visiting: http://businfo.cmcss.net/
According to the State Department of Education, children entering kindergarten shall be five (5) years of age on or before August 15, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Tennessee State Law also requires that a student going into the first grade must show proof of attendance in an accredited kindergarten program.
To complete registration during the kickoff, please bring the following items:
- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth
- State law requires that a copy of a student’s state-issued birth certificate be in their cumulative folder. Schools can accept other proof of date of birth for registration, but the parent/guardian needs to provide a copy of the child’s state-issued birth certificate.
- Student’s Tennessee Immunization Record
- A complete medical exam is required for all Pre-K enrollees. Evidence of completed exam can be presented upon registration. A medical exam is recommended for all students in grades K-12 at time of registration. Visithttps://www.cmcss.net/human-resources/health-services-information/ for more information.
- Proof of Custody (if requested by school)
- Two (2) Proofs of Residence (Example: water bill, electric bill, lease agreement, or other residency, etc.) Other residency information may be requested by the school.
- Power of Attorney For Care of a Minor Child form (required in certain circumstances)
For more information, please visit: www.cmcss.net/registration